Monday, November 28, 2011

A whole lotta

Is it possible to be overwhelmed by too many good things happening at once? Yes, if only for a moment...
In the last two days I met the wonderful girl who runs LeavenLifestyle.com who wants to feature one of my suits on her site, I spoke with the owner of The Bikini Room who wants me to manufacture her own line of suits for her store and signed me up to do a small runway show in few weeks (for which I need to provide models, suits, hats and posters)  AND I was invited to be a merchant on ShopLately.com. All of this is fantastic news! To get all this news all at once? A little overwhelming...
So for about 15 minutes my mind raced thinking about all the things I need to do to get ready for these new opportunities combined with my current need-to-do list and I almost, repeat, almost got scared. Can I do all of this? Will I have the time? What if I can't? I don't want to disappoint anyone! STOP. No more of that kind of talk.
Then I started thinking about how this is exactly what I want to happen and how amazing it is that I'm being recognized for my work and how lucky I am to be offered these kind of opportunities so early in my business...and you know what? I CAN DO THIS. This is my passion. This is what motivates me. I am creating. I'm jumping in, I'm moving forward, I am thankful.  I love this. This is all part of it, part of succeeding, part of putting myself out into the world...and I can do this. Overwhelming? yeah, maybe...but only for a moment.

6 comments:

  1. Taryn, we enjoy and admire what you are doing.
    My wife, Esther, is experienced with fashion shows both as a model and as producer. She would be glad to help organize if you need, at no charge.
    Our teenage daughter loves your bikinis too.
    Keep up the good work! mrbobkaden@mac.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say how proud of you I am. I can't express that enough. I knew you when you were a little girl and now you are an awesome woman. You can do anything. Keep it up, T. Love ya!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do this! Your passion and hard work are and will always pay off! Love u, keep on sewing! Xo
    One of your biggest fans,
    Brie

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you guys are great! Thanks for the encouragement! I've been really lucky to have such wonderful support around me...thank you thank you thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing Taryn! You are a beautiful example of how the universe will respond when you take that leap of faith, and follow your dreams! I am so happy for you! Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taryn, seriously you rock! It's inspiring to see u follow ur bliss and I can't wait to see what 2012 holds for u!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for your comments and feedback!