Monday, November 10, 2014

What happens when a girl from Kansas ends up in Hawaii?


She turns into a mermaid! Well, almost... :)

This month, in honor of one of our favorite holidays, we're giving thanks for the KaiKini Wahines: the ladies behind the bikinis. Kauai brought five ladies from all over the US to this little piece of paradise with one passion in common - making the best bikinis. This week we're giving thanks for Andrea, our Sales Manager and resident bikini tester.

Going for a swim with my Pakala shark-dog
Name:  Andrea Rayne
KaiKini Position:  Sales Manager AKA The Smooth Operator
What’s Your Sign:  Scorpio (Oct 27)
Hometown:  Solomon, KS
Favorite Color:  Red

Favorite KaiKini at the moment:  Don't make me pick!! Anything with our Aloha Print!

Favorite thing about working at KaiKini: These girls – we all say it, but we really are family and I love them like crazy. I also have a slight bikini addiction, so getting to see these beautiful creations come to life is really rewarding!

Favorite Food?
Put cheese on it and voilĂ !

Vodka, Rum, Whiskey or Tequila?
Tequila. every. time.

What’s something you collect?
Shells, beachglass, coral, rocks... anything I can find beach-combing. Oh, and bikinis.

Favorite way to stay in shape?
Running is death - I don't know how people do it. Gyms scare me. I've found my happy place with yoga & surfing.

Still smiling after getting worked
How many bikinis do you own?
Over 100. You could say I'm working at the right place. ;)

Bikini Trend you wish would go away...
Crochet. Pretty, but quite possibly the least functional material you could make a bikini from. And don't get me started on these one-piece suits with high cut legs circa 1980. Just stop. Please.

What’s your favorite childhood memory?
Christmas - everything about it. Decorating - The build up around it... (opening my presents before the day and re-wrapping them so my parents wouldn't know) - family coming together - laughter, joy, warmth & delicious food!


Top 3 things on your bucket list?
New Zealand - Northern Lights - Swim with sharks (no cage!)

Best thing about living on Kauai?
Endless Adventure and living in a constant state of wonder. It's truly never-never land - I feel like I never have to grow up!

What are you giving thanks for?
Happiness - living in this beautiful place that reminds me daily I have so much to be thankful for - my family, friends and to get cheesy for a second... my hubby. :)

1 comment:

  1. That Kansas mermaid sounds pretty amaze balls!!! :)��������������������������☀����

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for your comments and feedback!